Experience. Results.
(Calls answered 24/7)


Bone density testing needed for both women and men

July 18, 2018

Bone density testing should be done to prevent fractures in both men and women.
Photo source: adobe.stock© Feng Yu

As reported in the New York Times, newly updated guidelines issued by the United States Preventive Services Task Force, suggest that all women 65 and older undergo bone density screening-a brief, noninvasive, safe and inexpensive test covered by Medicare-to determine their risk of fracture and get treatment to lessen the risk.

For men, the task force said current evidence was insufficient to recommend screening for osteoporosis. Yet although men get about half as many osteoporotic fractures as women, according to this article when a man breaks his hip because of osteoporosis, he is more likely than a woman similarly afflicted to be permanently disabled and twice as likely to die within a year.  As Dr. Robert A. Adler, an endocrinologist at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Richmond, Va., has written, it’s time to stop thinking of osteoporosis as just “a lady’s disease.”

If an Army, Navy or Air Force doctor failed to order a bone density test and you suffered a broken bone or other injury, or you suffered any other medical malpractice in a military hospital, we can help.  You may call us at 1-877-695-8757 (24/7), e-mail us at LawHelp@MilitaryMedicalMalpractice.com, or fill out the short form on the right side of this page.  Free confidential consultations.  There is no fee unless we get a recovery for you.

Source & to read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/16/well/when-to-get-your-bone-density-tested

DISCLAIMER: An attorney-client relationship with us cannot be formed by transmission or receipt of the information on this Website and any information you send in an e-mail message to this website will not make you a client. We reserve the right to decline any representation for any reason. This Website is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal advice. You should not act or rely on any information in this Website without seeking the advice of a lawyer