Experience. Results.
(Calls answered 24/7)


You need an advocate for when you can’t advocate for yourself

April 22, 2019

Having a friend or extra family member with you during labor and delivery at a military hospital to advocate for you during a crisis can save your life of the life of your baby.

I agree 100% with the paragraph quoted below in a USA Today series about injuries during childbirth:

“I personally think anybody going to the hospital, for any reason, or any time, you need to have an advocate with you,” said Lisa Kane Low, associate dean of practice and professional graduate programs at University of Michigan’s School of Nursing. “You need to have somebody who is a second set of ears to go out and advocate for you when you can’t advocate for yourself.”

In so many of the military medical malpractice cases I have handled over the last 30 years, parents have told me they wished they had said something to the doctor or insisted the nurse do something, but it is virtually impossible to do that when you are in the middle of delivering your baby.  You need to have someone else there to advocate for you during a crisis.  Lean on those friends where you are stationed during your time of need, it could save your life or the life of your new baby.

Free confidential consultations are available by calling our Military Birth Injury Helpline: 1-877-695-8757 (24/7) or e-mailing us at LawHelp@MilitaryMedicalMalpractice.com.


Source & to read more:https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/deadly-deliveries/2019/03/07/doulas-patient-advocates-and-other-resources-new-moms-and-dads

Photo credit: Monkey Business@stock.adobe.com


DISCLAIMER: An attorney-client relationship with us cannot be formed by transmission or receipt of the information on this Website and any information you send in an e-mail message to this website will not make you a client. We reserve the right to decline any representation for any reason. This Website is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal advice. You should not act or rely on any information in this Website without seeking the advice of a lawyer